I started rewatching one of my all-time favorite TV shows, Gilmore Girls, and I’m falling in love all over again. O sweet nostalgia.
Lorelai Gilmore, adopt me please.
Here’s a list of typical Gilmore things that also apply to me (and some of my friends. Waw, we could be a really cool Gilmore family. I see a future in this).
– In stressful times, eat chocolate & cake (also works when times are normal and you just feel like eating)
– Replace the Gilmore coffee addiction by a tea addiction and tadaah, that’s me.
– Obsessed/in love with literature. Rory takes her books everywhere.
– They don’t work out (carrying around heavy books, however, is a sport in itself)
– Constantly quoting (famous) writers and pop culture
– Wearing weird/inappropriate outfits (yes, Lorelai, I’m talking to you)
– Rory is always being annoyingly punctual. I kind of am too. Sorry (but not really, THIS IS A GOOD THING).
Both features are combined in this video:
– Rory wanting to become a journalist.
– Sarcasm & absurd humor. Poor other people, they can’t always laugh about these jokes… Oh well.
– They’re stubborn and strong.
– Yeah, here I go again. They’re totally FEMINISTS. In the non-freaky, really cute as well as powerful and independent meaning of the term.
– They can be a tad irrational sometimes.
– They come from this little town (Stars Hollow in their case). I do too! (not too proud of this fact though).
– My eyes are blue. No one would notice that I’m not actual family (hm, they’re fictional characters, so technically this doesn’t matter, but still).
– Rory (Alexis Bledel) looks like a sixteen year old during all the episodes. I can’t say I have coined the mature look either.
– They love snow. I wish I could smell the first snow as well!
– They watch movies in their PJ’s while eating ice-cream and other junk food. Is there a better activity possible?
– They giggle.
– They want to backpack through Europe (well, I live in Europe, so add America, Australia and Asia to that list. And in case Emily feels like spending, she can book some nice hotels with a spa too…).
– They talk a lot. And really fast. Deadly combination (only not for us, Gilmores, we understand each other).
– They take on different obsessions and they can be quite intense in their friendships.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten tons of things, but I’ve only just started rewatching this awesome show. I can’t wait to work myself through all the seasons!