As you’ve probably heard, the cult series ‘Arrested Development’ is coming back. After a seven-year hiatus, a fourth season will be made available on Netflix on May 26th. Its return is highly anticipated by the enthusiastic fans of the quirky comedyshow.
I can hardly wait to dig into the 15 new episodes about the Bluth family’s shenanigans. Each episode will be 30 minutes long and they will all be made availabe at the same time on Netflix.
In 2012, 6 years after the series was canceled by Fox, the filming for a 4th season began. About the rumors that they’re planning on shooting a full-length feature film of ‘Arrested Development’, Mitch Hurwitz said the following in an interview with Vulture:
“The episodes are an outgrowth of the design of what we hope will be the movie. They precede it. They function as an act one of a movie that we all want to do, but haven’t “sold” yet”
Each episode of the 4th season will focus on a different member of the Bluth family. Hurwitz in the same interview:
“Because of the nature of the new series — it’s almost an anthology version of the show with each episode focusing on a particular character and where they’ve been since the family fell apart six years ago — we didn’t really have many of our principal characters together until the twelfth or thirteenth day of shooting”
Now, what did we learn from the trailer Netflix released on sunday?
– George-Michael and Maeby are roommates in College
– Michael is looking for a new start in a hot country
– Lindsay & Tobias want to pursue acting careers
– Tobias sees a sign
– Gob is doing magic tricks – excuse me “Illusions” – again
– Kitty is being her lunatic self
– There are giant scary birds
– Lucille is fed up with Buster and yells at him
– There will be a car with stairs? “With this car, you might get some stares”, Michael: “I’m used to a car with stairs”
IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN